Special Education Needs
As a parent, the welfare of your children is of paramount importance. For children with special education needs or ‘SEN’, disagreements about what course of action is in the best interests of the child and the one that most closely matches the child’s needs can often require the services of an experienced, independent mediator if no agreement can be reached.
Global Mediation provides specialist SEN mediation in relation to disputes between parents and carers, schools and local authorities over the special education needs of your child.
Our aim is to –
- Improve the channels of communication and understanding between the parties
- Progress towards and then reach realistic, practical solutions that meet the needs of all concerned, especially the child
- Cause minimal disruption to the child’s education
Mediation is a confidential process (except in cases where there are child protection issues) and is conducted in a safe, neutral environment that allows for both parties to be listened to and understood. Our specialist SEN mediation team, all of whom have received training in SEN legislation and framework, work closely with all concerned parties to achieve a fast, pragmatic and mutually agreeable solution to all types of SEN disputes.
For more information on Global Mediation’s special education needs mediation service, please contact us or request a callback by completing the form on the right.
Examples of cases mediated
- A full Range of Parts 1-3 Statement Needs & Provision involving parents and Local Education Authority
- Assisted at dispute relating to Special Educational Needs Tribunal (SEN mediation)
- SEN dispute between local authority and parents of dyslexic child with English as second language
- Various disputes between parents and local authorities and their schools arising from learning difficulties and special education needs of children and young persons