Probate and estate disputes can be amongst the most emotive, difficult and expensive cases to resolve. When dealing with the division of wealth, family dynamics will often combine with emotion, misunderstanding and legal complexities to create a wide variety of challenging situations and competing interests.
Legal resolutions are rarely ideal, consuming large amounts of money and extending the dispute over a lengthy period and in most cases, the underlying issues are not addressed.
Mediation offers parties a valuable opportunity to reach a solution without wasting valuable resources and prolonging disputes and assists by exploring all possible options. It also gives you an opportunity to restore relationships and arrive at solutions beyond the reach of legal remedy.
For more information on Global Mediation’s probate mediation service, please contact us or request a callback by completing the form on the right.
Examples of cases mediated
- Dispute between family and estate following large charitable bequest
- Conflict between family members over ownerships of chattels of sentimental value
- Dispute between beneficiaries of estate of deceased and deceased’s husband who had amended the will before the death of the deceased
- Case concerning family trust and payment of legal fees
- A number of Family Inheritance Act claims
- A multi-party disputes with foreign claimants
- A number of beneficiary actions against executors
- A number of mediations involving inheritance issues where there were dependent adults
- An inheritance dispute over a farm between a mother and her daughters
- Dispute between family members (adult son/current partner of deceased) regarding the Will and division of Estate
- Inheritance Act dispute arising out of claim by disinherited relative under disability.
- Dispute between estate executors and non-beneficiaries for return of estate property or damages in lieu following unauthorised seizure and sale - additional dispute over burial arrangements
- Contested will within context of action re: administration of estate with property overseas
- Dispute arising out of administration of deceased business assets