For obvious reasons, clinical negligence mediation (sometimes known as medical malpractice mediation) is one of the most emotion-driven forms of mediation.
Global Mediation has a team of highly experienced and skilled mediators who act neutrally and independently, sensitive to the needs of the parties. Using mediation enables parties to discuss remedies not available in court, including fast dispute resolution; improving clinical processes and procedures; avoiding damaging publicity; apologies or compensation where appropriate and the ability to restore relationships and trust.
Our mediators will establish the key issues to be discussed in a confidential, safe environment and they work hard to facilitate an outcome to which both parties can agree. After successful mediation, parties are more able to move on with their lives quickly and free of protracted, unwanted stress.
For more information on Global Mediation’s clinical negligence mediation service, please contact us.
Examples of cases mediated
- A claim for care and treatment of a psychiatric patient
- A claim for loss and injury due to post-operative infection
- A claim for loss of baby at delivery
- A claim relating to trauma and infection following abortion
- A claim involving out-of-hours service and treatment of a cancer patient
- A claim regarding failure to emphasise condition of heart patient sentenced to jail
- A claim due to death of diabetic patient following amputation of leg
- Claim due to abusive member of staff following death of mother from cancer
- Dispute between dental practitioner and Primary Care Trust regarding NHS contract and payment
- Dispute between GP practice and Primary Care Trust regarding payment
- A number of conciliated disputes between patients and primary care providers (GPs and dental practitioners) involving various issues