Personal injury disputes can be protracted and expensive and are affected by heightened emotion. They can also become complicated when there is a lack of an agreement about liability and the level of damages.
While the longer, expensive and more stressful litigation process focuses on a win/lose scenario, Global Mediation provides an opportunity to discuss sensitive issues in a confidential and safe environment including the claimants’ injuries, effects and suffering as well as the impact on the defendant. Mediation can speed up the process of emotional recovery and will establish a cost-effective, constructive solution that focuses on a mutually beneficial outcome for both parties.
Settlements are expedited since all the key decision-makers are together in one place at the same time and mediation avoids the need for long, drawn-out legal correspondence.
For more information on Global Mediation’s personal injury mediation service, please contact us.
Examples of cases mediated
- Case involving a serious knee injury arising from a road traffic accident
- Loss of earnings dispute involving a taxi driver
- Dispute over damages following a fatality
- Quantum claim arising out of criminal injury sustained by a police officer
- Disagreement over costs assessment flowing from civil proceedings
- Asbestos dispute
- Claim involving industrial injury (white finger)
- Liability dispute over serious spinal injury and loss of future income
- Various road traffic accident disputes
- Claim for compensation for injuries sustained by a pupil against local authority
- A number of cases involving tripping and slipping accidents
- A number of cases involving accidents at work
- Claim for damages related to loss of business following injury
- A dispute between neighbours with a damages claim for trespass and/or breach of covenant and injunctive relief plus a declaration concerning certain disputed land belonging to the property
- Many conciliated complaints made by patients against their GP or dentists; several in situations where there had been bereavement