Your property, whether it’s your home, shop, office or commercial premises is usually the most expensive asset you hold. Disputes including rights of way, myriad construction and building issues, restrictive covenants, ownership or planning permission have the habit of becoming protracted over many years, prohibitively expensive, deeply entrenched and damaging to long-term relationships and local neighbourhood or community relations.
Global Mediation works with businesses, individuals, public sector agencies and other interested stakeholders to reach settlements to which all concerned parties can agree and move forward. Our mediators are experienced in consulting with surveyors, environmental officers and architects and we work closely with the parties to focus on the issues at hand and then identify solutions that are practical and mutually beneficial.
For more information on Global Mediation’s property mediation service, please contact us.
Examples of cases mediated
- Family property dispute over ownership
- Claim for payment for services by sub-contractor from property developer
- Breach of contract and dispute between property owner and contractor for property refurbishment and extension
- Dispute over termination of leasehold of commercial property
- Boundary dispute between two housing association tenants with allegations of racism and discrimination against management of the housing association
- A dispute relating to a claim for adverse possession of land
- A number of disputes where there has been a trespass claim.
- A number of cases involving nuisance
- A number of disputes where parties had boundary issues
- A dispute where parties raised the issue of promissory estoppel
- A boundary dispute between neighbours, which also involved issues of racial harassment
- A dispute over a right of way
- Claim involving unlawful eviction, loss and damage and sexual harassment
- A £400,000 claim against contractors for fire damage to real property
- A protracted dispute between a housing authority and a long-term tenant
- Claim in excess of £500,000 against an insurance company for failure to meet a buildings subsidence claim in dispute for nearly ten years
- Disagreement between neighbours over right of way in the rear gardens
- A number of conflicts between neighbours
- Numerous neighbour disputes usually involving issues of noise, parking, shouting and abuse etc.
- Dispute between landowners regarding cost of past and future upkeep of right of way, involving the possibility of entering into a Deed of Release
- Dispute between neighbours regarding a Party Wall Award, legal costs were the main issue at mediation
- Dispute between commercial landlord and tenant which raised issues of statutory compensation and dilapidations following ending of tenancy; both parties were unrepresented at the mediation
- Dispute between estate agency and property developers over commission on sale of country property valued at several million pounds
- Various disputes arising from residential subsidence
- Dispute over repairs following forfeiture of lease
- Dispute arising from damage caused to a commercial property on termination of the lease
- A case involving a vulnerable male adult in conflict with his neighbours, which resulted in deliberate self-harm, threats of violence and involvement of the police over several months