A former board director of Global Mediation from 2000 – 2013, Linda has been with the company since the very beginning. Linda is a CEDR Accredited mediator with over seventeen years’ experience who specialises in the mediation of interpersonal and employment disputes and is a member of Global Mediation’s Special Education Needs specialist mediator panel. She is very experienced as a facilitator where there are difficulties in finding consensus within teams or in reaching agreement on strategic and organisational matters at board and senior management level.
In addition, she leads training courses on conflict awareness and management and on dealing with workplace disagreements. Linda is also responsible for mediator panel support and develops and facilitates internal mediator training workshops. She also delivers mediation workshops for external clients, including Local Authorities.
“Global Mediation builds long-term relationships with its clients and is deeply committed to the provision and promotion of mediation and its benefits”
Career highlights include –
- Chaired the working party which produced the original Good Governance Code for the Voluntary and Community Sector
- Chaired the steering and implementation group for Trustee and Management Committee National Occupational Standards
- Achieved national recognition having been described as a “governance guru” in ThirdSector magazine (Opinion leader, 20 September 2006)
- Co-wrote (with Anne Radford) “You’re not listening to me!” Dealing with disputes: Mediation and its benefits for voluntary organisations, published by the National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) in August 2003
- Appointed to the board of EUConsult (association of consultants working for not-for-profils in Europe) (2010)
- She was a founder member and chairman of South Central Mediation
Linda has very little spare time but when she finds a quiet moment, she can be found working in the garden, listening to opera or travelling around Europe.