Charities and third sector organisations provide an invaluable resource to their service users. On occasion, disputes between staff, volunteers, management boards and trustees can disrupt, and in some cases, cause permanent and irreparable damage to the vital work they do in the community and negatively affects those that use their service.
Global Mediation recognises that a confidential, cost-effective and most importantly swift resolution of charity and third sector disputes reduces the need for expensive internal investigations or litigation which puts unwanted emotional and financial stress on staff and budgets that are often already stretched to breaking point.
Our team of experienced mediators work closely with all concerned parties to achieve a fast, pragmatic and mutually agreeable solution to all types of disputes. The mediation process promotes the rebuilding of relationships and morale which is vital to the continued work of the organisation and its stakeholders.
For more information on Global Mediation’s charity and third sector mediation service, please contact us.
Examples of cases mediated
- Case involving misappropriated funds by a trustee
- Conflicts between members or trustees of charities and or staff of those organisations
- Conflict over strategic direction
- Allegations of possible fraud
- A neighbour’s complaint over noise to a housing trust
- An employee grievance over manager relationship/ communication issues
- A number of disputes between neighbours, referred by police/Housing Associations and handled on behalf of a national charity, involving issues of noise, parking, shouting, abuse and intimidation, shared access etc.
- Co-mediated dispute regarding a charity event, involving local authority, police and event organisers
- Several cases where medical condition and disease specific support groups have been parties to disputes
- A number of disputes involving disability specific support and campaigning organisations
- Various faith-based organisations and communities
- Several cases where the disagreements have involved gender specific organisations
- Several cases where the disagreements have involved children and family service providers
- A numbers of cases where therapy and counselling services have been parties to disputes
- Several disputes within mediation service providers
- A number of cases including LGBT organisations
- Cases involving disagreements with international charities
- Disputes where organisations running residential care homes have mediated
- A number of disagreements involving sports organisations
- A number of environmental organisation disputes
- Several cases where local advice centres have had disagreements
- Several cases where debt advice services have been parties to disputes