The banking and finance sector has come under the spotlight of consumers and regulators in recent years and has attracted a great deal of negative publicity that has led to an increase in disputes between parties.
Legislation and regulation in the banking and finance industry is exceptionally complex, perhaps more so than in any other sector, and because of this, disputes will inevitably arise.
There is a wide range of issues that Global Mediation’s team of industry-specific mediators have experience in, including –
Contract and policy disputes
- Debt management and recovery
- Professional and contributory negligence
- Insurance claims
- Loans and mortgages
Our aim is to facilitate a neutral, cost-effective and expedient settlement between the parties relating to all types of banking and finance disputes. Confidential mediation is particularly valued in this sector due to the sensitivity of the information being discussed.
For more information on Global Mediation’s banking and finance mediation services, please contact us.
Examples of cases mediated
- Dispute over alleged false trading
- Alleged misrepresentation by applicant over a mortgage
- Complex dispute involving allegations of VAT fraud
- Conflict relating to the alleged mis-selling of equity release scheme to an elderly couple
- Multi-handed dispute relating to a variety of credit card issuers and debtors
- Dispute between a loan company and a consumer who failed to receive goods
- $50m banking dispute relating to the tort of conspiracy to injure
- A dispute arising out of loan payment defaults
- A number of Finance House repossessions
- Dispute between bank and client after reliance upon misleading mortgage information
- A long-running tax dispute involving three years of miscommunications
- Dispute as to responsibility and liability for late-paid taxes
- Various disputes between financial institutions relating to market manipulation
- Dispute over monies outstanding on commercial sales ledger financing facility secured by company and personal guarantees
- Banking dispute concerning commercial loan with personal guarantee secured on private property
- Dispute over sums outstanding on vehicle & plant financing agreements secured by directors’ personal guarantees
- Dispute over loan agreement incorporating equity release of a multi-million pound residential property
- Dispute over monies advanced under residential mortgage with linked credit account borrowing involving allegations of negligence and fraud.
A dispute over alleged mis-selling of PPI (Payment Protection Insurance) in connection with a number of personal loans