A foundation course for professionals wishing to train and qualify as accredited mediators.
Download Global Mediation Foundation Course Prospectus Below
Mediation is a positive, forward-thinking yet confidential process designed to resolve personal and professional disputes using a neutral third party to facilitate a settlement. The mediator does not judge or impose a solution but empowers both parties to work towards a mutually satisfactory outcome.
Aims and Objectives of the Course
Whether you are keen to develop new skills, refine existing abilities, pursue a lifelong passion or start a new career, we are committed to providing you with an exceptional and innovative learning experience; one that will help you become an accredited mediator, ready to start working in the field of dispute resolution.
The course is aimed at professionals with an invested interest in developing:
- Effective communication skills
- An ability to manage the mediation process
- Awareness of conflict and responses to it
- An ability to empower others to settle their disputes effectively
- The ability to apply the highest standard of ethical practice
What to Expect
Working with experienced, dedicated and skilled mediators and trainers, you will receive teaching in all aspects of the mediation process, from start to finish, through a variety of practical, interactive and engaging approaches.
As required by the College of Mediators and the Civil Mediation Council, our course:
- Is 40 hours (5 days + some home learning) in length with pre and post course
support and mentoring
- Covers the process and principles of mediation
- Develops skills through role play
- Contains the required level of assessment through role play and written assignment
- Delivery of the course is via:
- Pre reading
- Lectures and presentations
- Discussions, interactive exercises, demonstrations and role play
- Reflective learning, including two individual tutorial/coaching sessions
- Formal assessment
- 100% attendance of the course is required. The whole course must be completed including assessment.
Where possible, the course will be held at the venue detailed below. Travel and accommodation expenses are not included.
The Radlett Centre
1 Aldenham Avenue
Hertfordshire WD7 8HL
Accessibility: The Radlett Centre is fully accessible for wheelchair users with several dedicated disabled parking spaces for blue badge holders, and a lift is available. An induction loop system is available in specific areas of the venue and can be accessed as required.
Detailed information about the venue can be found on the website: https://www.radlettcentre.co.uk/About-Us/Access-Information
The Radlett Centre is easy to get to by car within a few minutes drive from the M1 or M25.
Parking: The nearest car park is Newberries Car Park, situated directly across the road with 210 spaces. The car park is free after 6.30pm every evening and all day Sunday, and ‘pay and display’ at other times.
There is a regular Thameslink rail service with links to St Albans, Luton, & London Kings Cross.
The station is a five minute walk from the Centre. Passenger enquiries 08457 484950.
The Red Lion Hotel is a five minute walk from the station and the venue.
The Red Lion Hotel, Watling Street, Radlett WD7 7NP T: 01923 855341 W: www.redlionradlett.co.uk
To register your interest or to request upcoming course dates, please contact us at:
We will send you an application form which you will be asked to return with your CV, a covering letter, details of relevant experience and details of two referees.
There are no formal course entry requirements but applicants must show a clear commitment to equal opportunities and demonstrate a fluent understanding of English. We are seeking applicants who are committed to the values of mediation (independence, impartiality, neutrality, confidentiality, respect and empowerment) and are willing to comply with the Mediator Code of Conduct.
The interview will be conducted by at least one of the course leaders. It is an opportunity for us to find out what has motivated you to apply for the course, and for you to find out a little more about the course content, the course staff and what to expect upon successful completion of the course, and finally to establish whether the course is right for you. Interviews will be conducted via telephone or teleconferencing, by arrangement. Applicants are encouraged to share with us any individual or specific needs with regard to this training, so that consideration can be given to providing support, reasonable adjustments, or other assistance.
Face to Face Course: £2250 + VAT
Virtual Course: £1950 + VAT
Please stay in touch — we will update our website and social media channels regularly with course dates and discounts.
Your course fee will include:
- A pre-course induction meeting and pre-course reading advice
- Taught component: Six modules over five days culminating in a final assessment day (40 hours+). There will be some home learning to complete.
- Role play opportunities involving professional actors throughout the course to enable you to put your skills into practice.
- Course Handbook and supporting resources including all course materials.
- Reflective Learning supported by an experienced mediator to include two individual tutorials
to support you throughout and after the course
- Certificate upon completion of the course
Your fee will be requested in two instalments
- £500 (+ VAT) deposit to secure your place
- Remainder of fee payable 14 days prior to the commencement of the course
Fees are refundable in full if cancelled 28 days prior to commencement of the course.
50% of the fees are refundable if cancelled 7 days prior to commencement of the course. In exceptional circumstances deferment of date may be agreed at the discretion of Global Mediation.
Travel and accommodation expenses are not included. Please note that this information is for guidance only and is subject to change.