A foundation course for professionals wishing to train and qualify as accredited mediators.
Download Global Mediation Foundation Course Prospectus Below
Thank you for your interest in Global Mediation and our Mediator Training Course.
You have made a wise choice to develop your skills in conflict resolution and we thank you for choosing to take this exciting journey with us and our training partner Global Training Group (GTG).
Established in 1999, Global Mediation is widely recognised as a leading provider in the UK, offering high quality, fully audited and accredited mediation services, and an extensive range of education and training programmes. We handle more enquiries and conduct more mediation sessions than any other organisation in the UK.
Our panel of qualified, experienced and dedicated mediators works together with our mediator team and all are supported by a dedicated team of permanent office staff based in North London with a satellite office in Northern Ireland. We our proud of our focus on integrity and continual quality improvement, striving for excellence; our mediator and training panel bring perspectives from a diverse range of experiences and vocational backgrounds such as dramatic arts, psychology, business, management and law.
Our training courses are delivered in partnership with GTG, who create and deliver meaningful and dynamic practice-based training experiences, grounded in current research, including our accredited Mediation training.
We are wholeheartedly committed to inclusion and accessibility and endeavour to ensure that our services benefit a wide range of people. Conscious of the sensitive nature of our work, we seek to broaden the opportunities of all participants to express themselves effectively.
Whatever your background, we hope that this course will open your eyes to new perspectives, challenges and practical skills. Wherever your mediation journey takes you, we are sure that you will never look at the world in quite the same way.
I hope this prospectus will answer most of your questions, but if you require further information or wish to discuss any aspects of the course, please don’t hesitate to contact any of the Global team.
We look forward to working with you during the course and being part of your journey.
Chief Executive Officer
Whether you are keen to develop new skills, refine existing abilities, pursue a lifelong passion or start a new career, we are committed to providing you with an exceptional and innovative learning experience; one that will help you become an accredited mediator, ready to start working in the field of dispute resolution.
The course is aimed at professionals with an invested interest in developing:
- Effective communication skills
- An ability to manage the mediation process
- Awareness of conflict and responses to it
- An ability to empower others to settle their disputes effectively
- The ability to apply the highest standard of ethical practice
Working with experienced, dedicated and skilled mediators and trainers, you will receive teaching in all aspects of the mediation process, from start to finish, through a variety of practical, interactive and engaging approaches.
As required by the College of Mediators and the Civil Mediation Council, our course:
- Is 6 days in length (5 days + 1 assessment day and some home learning)
- Covers the process and principles of mediation
- Develops skills through role play
- Contains the required level of assessment through role play and written assignment
- Delivery of the course is via:
- Pre reading
- Lectures and presentations
- Discussions, interactive exercises, demonstrations and role play
- Reflective learning , including two individual tutorial/coaching sessions
- Formal assessment
- 100% attendance of the course is required. The whole course must be completed including assessment.
To book your place on this course or to enquire about upcoming dates, please contact us at: email@example.com
The course fees for our in person course are as follows: £1950 (VAT included)
A deposit of £500 is required to secure your place with two further instalments to cover the balance and to be paid at least two weeks before commencement of the course.
Please stay in touch — we will update our website and social media channels regularly with course dates and discounts.
Your course fee will include:
- A pre-course mock up mediation from start to finish will be shared for you to watch in your own time. There will also be a pre-course induction and pre-course reading advice.
- Role play opportunities throughout the course to enable you to put your skills into practice
- Taught component which is 6 days in length (5 days + 1 assessment day and some home learning)
- Course Handbook and supporting resources including all course materials
- Reflective learning supported by experienced mediators prior to and throughout the course.
- Certificate upon completion of the course
Our programme staff team are skilled within the fields of disagreement resolution and mediation and draw on their breadth of knowledge and experience in order to deliver and complement the high-quality course content. The Core Team, Associate Tutors and Assessors are all Accredited Mediators and Professional Practice Consultants.